Do you know that it’s possible to put a VPN on an Amazon Fire TV Stick? It’s true, and I’m gonna show you how to install VPN on FireStick.
It seems more and more important than ever to use a VPN on FireStick, especially when using Kodi.
Why would you want to put a VPN on Fire TV Stick?
- A VPN will encrypt your connection to the internet and create an anonymous connection through a private IP address, which will hide your identity and activity.
- Don’t let your ISP (Internet Service Provider), government, hackers, and other organizations track, monitor and log what you are streaming or downloading.
- Not only is your ISO blind to your traffic, but the server you download from is blind to who you are and where you’re from.
- Much of streaming content is geo-locked, meaning it’s only available from a certain country or region due to the likes of content licensing agreements and broadcast rights. One way you can get access such GEO-Blocked content is by using one of the best VPNs and changing your IP address to a location that has the content you crave.
- Another popular use for VPNs is getting access to new releases before everyone else. For instance, a brand new video game, you can get access it for the first time of its new released, download and play the game earlier than the rest of your friends.
- A VPN may increase your streaming speeds because many Internet providers impose throttling methods for various apps such as Kodi, Cinema APK, Popcorn Time, Showbox, Mobdro, IPTV, etc. A VPN will eliminate ISP throttling and allow you to connect at speeds that will stop buffering on the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick.
Best VPNs for FireStick & Fire TV 2019
The best VPN features blazing-fast download and streaming speeds especially when you are streaming large HD files.
The following top 6 FireStick VPN is considered to be the best VPN you can use on Amazon Fire Stick / TV.
IPVanish, which has greater numbers of servers, and it is the best for performance. PureVPN is an alternative if you are on a budget and wanna stream movies, TV Shows, IPTV anonymously online. And NordVPN leading security and privacy features the most secure VPN. And I will introduce the best VPN services in other articles. Here, for the sake of this tutorial, I’m going to go ahead and show you how to add a VPN to Amazon Fire TV using my subscription to NordVPN.
How to Install and Use NordVPN on Amazon Fire Stick & Fire TV
Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You have a working internet connection.
- An Amazon Fire TV/Fire TV Stick above First Generation.
- Own a premium NordVPN account (If you don’t have already own one, you can get the 2-year subscription here with 66% discount.)
1. Register NordVPN and create an Account
The first thing you should do is to register and create an account. You can use a browser on a computer, a mobile phone, tablet or any Android devices.
If you require a NordVPN subscription, you can click this link to Get a 2-year VPN Plan for $79, or 3-years NordVPN deal for only $2.99/mo, those links will take you to the official NordVPN website and get you the latest & best offers available.
Alright, there we go. Then choose a payment way and proceed to the payment. Once you confirm the payment and create an account, it will give you a NordVPN username. Then go ahead and set up a password from there.
Once you have a NordVPN account, you can download, install, setup & use VPN on Fire Stick & Fire TV, for encrypting a VPN tunnel with your NordVPN credentials. Let’s figure how to do that in the following steps:
Download NordVPN application on the Amazon App Store
Get back to the home screen of your Fire Stick, and go across the search button at the top-left corner. Type in there NordVPN, it will show up quick select. If NordVPN is in your search result, you can download it from there.
For whatever reason, if yours is the same as mine which is a generation 2 Fire Stick, and it’s not showing up, please carry on learning the way of sideloading NordVPN on your Fire Stick or Fire TV, by using Downloader application.
Sideload NordVPN on your Fire Stick or Fire TV
Fires of all, Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources
To get started, you can go over to the right-hand side from your main menu here.
- First of all, go to Settings, press down and move again to the right-hand side and select Device.
- Scroll down to Developer options, and enable ADB debugging, and turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Click on Turn on.
Then, Sideload NordVPN on FireStick by using Downloader
You can use several applications to sideload Droid admin on your Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV, such as Downloader, FireDL, BitPic, and more. All three of these are available in the Amazon App Store.
- Go to FireStick’s home screen and do a search here, for instance here type in DOWN you’ll find the Downloader app here in the search result, press OK to proceed.
- Once the app is installed on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, open it by pressing the icon for Downloader. And you might have press OK and in this HTTP that should bring up your keyboard, type in the following or , and press on the Go button. It will automatically begin to download the file for you.
- Once NordVPN downloading is complete, press on INSTALL button to begin NordVPN installation.
- When the NordVPN application is installed, click DONE button to complete it.
- You can delete the downloaded file and exit by pressing back key.
Now, Login and connect NordVPN App
- Go back to your main menu and then navigate to My Apps > NordVPN to launch the app.
- Click on My Subscription and enter your NordVPN Credentials and log into the application.
Set up, Connect and Use VPN on Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Once you logged in NordVPN application, go to the All Contries section to select desired country.
- Congratulations, you are now connected to NordVPN. Please note that, when connecting for the first time, you will be asked for permission to connect to the VPN and add a VPN profile to your device. It’s safe to do it, so simply follow the prompts to create the profile.
- Congratulations, you’re now connected to VPN network server. Once you’re connected, your selected server tile will light up green. A word “Connected” will appear at the top-right part of the application, indicating a successful connection.
- If you want to disconnect, click again on the tile of the server you are connected to.
Selecting your target country will quickly connect to servers in the specific country, or you can choose one in Specialty servers section.