Downloading Torrents is so far the #1 file sharing technology used to download files such as movies, music, books, games, etc on the internet. Here in this tutorial, I will show you how to download Torrents by using the free application qBitTorrent.
Downloading from torrent sites has gained so much popularity that bringing around 170+ million monthly users across the world. Because it is easy to use, and best of all, it’s free.
BitTorrent allows you to download BitTorrent files which can be used for all types media such as movies, TV shows, music, ebooks, applications, podcast episodes, video games, and much more. And some of you would rather download an actual copy of media files you’re looking for, rather than streaming it.
Benefites of Downloading Torrents
There’re many benefits that you can get by using Torrent technology.
You can easily take those media files and either transfers them to your streaming devices use a USB drive, FTP, or through Cloud Store Service such as Google Drive or DropBox. This is very handy when traveling outside without internet connection, also for those who use slower download speed to fix the buffering problems, you can download the file and playback at a later time.
Some of you own 4K televisions and may have noticed that it is difficult to find these high-quality streams through Kodi and other streaming applications. You can find quality 4K releases of what you are searching for within the various torrent sites. You will find uncompressed digital files that look and sound fabulous on your television.
Torrents also provide a great way to acquire media files that can be used while traveling as many times it is difficult to find a fast Internet connection that allows for HD streaming. Just bring the movies, TV shows, etc. with you on your device or USB drive!
This tutorial will get you up and running quickly with downloading torrents. You can go over on several basic points as the following:
- First, find a Torrent client which allows you to download torrents from Torrent website.
- Second, gain access to Torrent websites to download everything from movies to TV shows to books, and of course, games.
- Third, go over on how to download from these torrent website in a safe manner.
- Fourth, let’s actually download movies and other files from these websites and see them in our torrent client so that you guys can understand fully what you’re doing.
1. Find a Torrent Client to Download Movies, TV shows, Books, and More
If you’re searching BitTorrent client software, you will get a big giant section of torrent clients, such as uTorrent, BitTorrent, qBittorent, and so on. For this tutorial purpose today, we’re actually going to use qBittorrent. The qBittorrent application I will use to download Torrents is a cross-platform and free BitTorrent client and could be installed on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Download and Install qBittorrent application
- Copy the link (https://www.qbittorrent.org/download.php) to download the right version according to your system.
- Since I’m using macOS Mojave, I’m going to click the DMG file download link. Click Download qBittorrent Mac OS X option, and save the qBittorent installation file to the Downloads folder.
- Double click to install qBittorent on macOS, and drag qBittorent to the Application folder.
- In the Finder on your Mac, locate the qBittorent app and control-click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu.
- Once this torrent client is installed, this is the how of the clients looks like.
- Go to the left side this Torrent client, you’re able to find all your torrent files, and of course the downloading, seeding, your completed, and then just in case you end up pausing and resuming.
As you can see, that’s pretty much the simplest way to use this kind of software. And you could even get more advanced settings by opening “Preferences” panel to use all these tools that come with the torrent client.
2. Use a Torrent Website
Now you’ve get qBittorrent installed and launched on your computer. Then what you should do is to find the website and store which inclined you’re gonna use download it.
Minimus the Torrent client to the side, and go back to our browser. Here I specifically would like to use the famous website – The Pirate Bay. But you can always use ones that you trust and that is pretty much user preference, to be honest with you. There is no real difference. So here we go by visiting https://thepiratebay.org/.
Is Torrenting Safe?
To be honest with you, To These websites tend to not have any type of viruses or nothing to be bad with these websites. The bad point would be the people they are technically uploading pirated software or dangerous software and tricking people into downloading these are viruses into their computers.
3. How to Download from Torrent Website in a Safe Way?
4. How to Download Movies, Music, Books, and Other Files from Torrent website
So, we will go straight into how to download torrent files safely preventing virus downloads. In this tutorial, I will download a free public domain movie as an example to avoid any copyright issues. However, for people who are going to use this technology for media that has copyright, if you are not using a VPN, you’re more than likely to receive a copyright violation from the ISP. That’s the very reason why you should protect yourself with a VPN.
- Simply type the name of movies or software into the search box. And here I’m going to download free public domain movie called “Night of the Living Dead” as an example.
- After typing that in, it comes back with a big giant list for the movie torrents and trial. At the right side, you can see something called SE, and LE. “SE” stands for seeding, and “LE” stands for leeching. In other word, leeching is download, seeding is upload. To determine which file to download, you should always to find the most seeders and at least leechers. The reason is that this will guarantee that you download the file in the fastest possible speed.
- Now, let’s go straight into the file. Before downloading any torrent files, make sure you read the comments to see what these people tell you exactly what’s in these torrents. That is the most important tip that I recommend you to avoid to download and install viruses on your computer.
- After that, click the link of Getting this Torrent. Then you’ll get a pop-up message and normally on your Torrent client.
- Now click OK to start downloading movies and files into your downloads folder you can always choose where you want it to download. You can go back to your qBittorent to figure out if it is downloading. And here you can clearly see in the All the file status, we can see that it is actually downloading. And also how many Seeds, Peers, and the download speed, etc.
- Once the downloading is completed, you’re gonna see it in your Seeding folder and your Completed folder. I recommend that you at least seed it for a little while maybe a day, two hours, three hours. And if you feel more happy seed for however long hours you want. The longer you seed that, the long are you gonna help the community.
Throttle Seeding Once Download Finishes
One last thing, if you right-click the actual file that you’re downloading, you can go and control the limit of the download rate and the upload rate. So just in case you want to upload it to people, you can let them have it at full blast or you can control and throttle how fast someone can actually download from your computer or how fast you can download from people’s computers. Just in case you want to use some of that internet speed or yourself. And then on the bottom of that, you can also copy the magnet link and send it to someone personally, so that they do not have to go to those website.